Pelvic Pain and Arrowhead Women’s Center
Pelvic pain can differ for each woman in terms of severity and type of pain. Some women may feel pelvic pain on a regular cycle, while others may only feel it during urination, sex, or during menstruation. The pain can continue to increase and become more difficult to cope with throughout time. Pelvic pain can even affect work, sex, sleep, and mental and physical health.
At Arrowhead Women’s Center, we are committed to finding the root cause of your pelvic pain so that it does not become an interruption to your life any longer. While there are many causes of pelvic pain, we work with you to find the reason for your pain and find the treatments to alleviate the symptoms and fix the issue. Some of the most common causes of pelvic pain include:
- Infection- an inflammation of reproductive organs can cause pelvic pain.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)- PID is the infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
- Ovarian Cysts- a cyst is a small sac that fills with fluid. While many cysts can dissipate in two days, some persist and can cause sharp pain.
- Ectopic Pregnancy- an ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy that occurs outside of the uterus. This condition is very serious and can be life threatening if not treated quickly.
- Endometriosis- with this condition, tissue similar to the lining of the uterus is found outside of the uterus and can be in the fallopian tubes, ovaries, and other pelvic structures.
During a consultation with a physician at Arrowhead Women’s Center, we will be able to better understand your personal symptoms and evaluate what may be the cause of your pelvic pain. We will find out about your degree of pain, where the pain radiates from, and how it affects your daily life. Tests and scans may be required to gain more insight into a specific condition and to target the issue.
With our team of gynecological experts, you can rest assured that we can find the root of your pelvic pain and then move forward with a course of action. You do not have to live with chronic pain. Contact Arrowhead Women’s Center today to learn how we can help eradicate your pelvic pain quickly and in a comfortable environment.